Date: August 21, 2017
Time: 10:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Central time)
Location: Plaster Stadium, Missouri State University
For the most up-to-date information, visit the Facebook event page.
Help Fund the Event
Your DONATION is greatly appreciated. Donations will be used to purchase eclipse glasses for attendees and cover other expenses involved with hosting the event including all activities, displays, and entertainment!
Thank you to the volunteers that helped create an outstanding event at MSU! Sign ups have been closed.
Parking and Shuttle Information
Parking will be available at Hammons Field baseball stadium (N Sherman Pkwy & E Trafficway St) parking lots, with a shuttle service to be provided to Plaster Stadium.
Plaster Stadium opens at 10:00 AM. The program starts at 10:30 AM. The eclipse starts at 11:44 AM and peaks at 1:13 PM. All attendees will receive free eclipse glasses to use for safe viewing of the entire solar eclipse. Refreshments will be available to purchase. For a complete program of events, visit the Schedule of Events page or the Facebook event page.
- There will be 96% coverage of the sun by the moon as seen from Springfield, MO, with the maximum being at 1:13 p.m. local time. The event will last about three hours from start to finish.
- The chance of overcast skies is only 25%.
- Never look directly at the Sun - it can damage the eyes and in some cases, cause blindness. All attendees will be given special glasses designed for viewing the Sun.
- How to tell if your eclipse glasses are safe
- Reputable Vendors of Solar Filters & Viewers
Information for K12 Teachers
For more information
Department of Physics, Astronomy, and Materials Science