Why pursue the MNAS degree at Missouri State?
- Select two areas of emphasis to customize your program of study. Each emphasis area will help you expand upon your current scientific knowledge and capabilities.
- You will work directly with an advisory committee dedicated to helping you meet your academic and professional goals. You will be matched to a faculty member who will provide advisement, as well as help you design your program of study.
- This interdisciplinary program allows you to select areas in multiple departments and schools.
- The MNAS will increase your marketability by developing an advanced set of skills.
- You will have access to state-of-the-art facilities for research and other academic endeavors.
- By attaining this advanced degree, you open up multiple career opportunities in the sciences.
Tailor a program for success
The MNAS program is the only one of its kind in the southwest Missouri region. This unique program offers a wide spectrum of choices for selecting two areas of study in multiple departments or schools. This option typically requires that you complete a minimum of 32 credit hours and takes approximately two years to complete. You will select a primary emphasis to study, and you will be required to complete a minimum of 16 credit hours from one of the following areas:
- Computer science
- Geography, geology and planning
- Physics, astronomy and materials science
You will also select a secondary emphasis to study, which requires at least nine credit hours. You may select from the list above, or an advisor may assist you in tailoring a program that fits your career goals. Two common secondary emphasis areas include business and education.
MNAS is for the graduate student who is looking for the professional edge. Many of our students plan to advance their education after the graduate level in post-graduate studies.