Seven reasons a student should consider studying pre-engineering:
- Engineering is a profession that encourages and rewards creativity.
- An engineering career provides opportunities for making worthwhile contributions to society by meeting many of the pressing needs of mankind (energy, pollution control, food supplies, transportation, etc.)
- An engineering education provides a marketable skill leading to job flexibility and security.
- The starting salary for new graduates is excellent.
- Chances for advancement in the profession are excellent.
- A wide variety of kinds of work within the profession are available (design, production, testing, research, marketing and administration).
- For the student undecided about future career preferences, undergraduate engineering provides an excellent "spring board" for entrance into other professions (medicine, business, law, government, education, military). A student in this field must have an inquiring mind, an active imagination and an understanding of mathematics as it is applied to nature.