Dr. Albert A. Barreda
Dept of Hospitality Leadership
The principal motivator for Dr. Barreda's research is to provide practical implications and to add knowledge to the literature. Mainly, he is interested in branding, financial analysis, revenue management pricing decisions, and business strategies. He presents in predominant industry and research conferences around the world including: London, UK; Hong Kong, China; Taipei, Taiwan; Portugal, Europe; Soule, South Korea, United States, and Latin America. He has received several awards for his research contributions, and has consulting experience in the areas of startups, hotel investments, and market research for hospitality and tourism organizations.
He has worked with company founders to develop comprehensive strategic plans, to participate in key elements of planning and to provide guidance of the current and future business conditions in the hospitality and tourism industry. He has advised the industry in the French area of Canada, Quebec, San Francisco Bay Area, United States and South America.
- PhD, Hospitality Management, University of Central Florida
- MS, Hospitality Management, University of Massachusetts - Amherst
- BS, Science Communications, San Agustin State University of Arequipa, Peru
- HSP 730 Seminar in Hospitality and Tourism Research Methods
- HSP 310 Analyzing Financial Performance
- HSP 410 Hospitality Marketing
- HSP 370 Revenue Management for Hospitality
- HSP 426 Food and Beverage Management
- HSP 480 Global Strategic Management in Hospitality
- Barreda, A., Okumus, F., & Nusair, K. (May 20th 2015). Website Interactivity effects on trust in Hotel Websites. The World Conference on Hospitality, Tourism and Event Research (WHTER) & International Convention and Expo Summit (ICES) – Seoul - Republic of Korea.
- Barreda, A., Okumus, F., & Nusair, K., Ozturk, A. (June 14th 2015). The influence of Website interactivity on brand experience, brand equity, brand choice, and brand associations: A behavioral intention approach in hotel Websites. The International Hospitality Information Technology Association (iHITA).
- Barreda, A. Bilgihan, A., Gomez, L. (2014).Developing Online Trust through Social Network Websites: A Mediating Model of Information Quality. TMS Algarve November 2014 –Management Studies International Conference.
- Barreda, A. & Kizildag, M. (2014). Who are the Bulls and Bears in Global Lodging Markets?. Winner of the AHFME award for best research paper (Nov 8th 2014). Association of Hospitality Financial Management Education.
- Hospitality Finance, Revenue and IT Professionals (HOSPA) – United Kingdom
- International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (ICHRIE) – U.S.
- Tourism management
- Computers in human behavior
- Journal of relationship marketing
Other notable experience
- Hotel investments
- Market research for hospitality and tourism organizations
Research and professional interests
- Bilgihan, A., Barreda, A., Okumus, F., & Nusair, K. (2016). Consumer perception of knowledge-sharing in travel-related Online Social Networks. Tourism Management, 52, 287-296. Published. SSCI.
- Barreda, A. A., Bilgihan, A., & Kageyama, Y. (2015). The Role of Trust in Creating Positive Word of Mouth and Behavioral Intentions: The Case of Online Social Networks. Journal of Relationship Marketing, 14(1), 16-36. Published.
- Barreda, A., Kageyama, Y., singh, D., & Zubieta, S. (2016). Hospitality Bankruptcy in United States: A Multiple Discriminant Analysis-Logit Model Comparison. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism (2016). Published.
- Barreda, A. & Kizildag, M. (2015). Who are the Bulls and Bears in Global Lodging Markets. Journal of Hospitality Financial Management. Waiting for Printing. Vol. 23 (2). Published.
- Barreda, A., Okumus, F., Nusair, K., & Bilgihan, A. (Accepted). The Mediating Effect of Virtual Interactivity in Travel-Related Online Social Network Websites. International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Administration. Waiting for Printing
- Barreda, A. A., Bilgihan, A., Nusair, K., & Okumus, F. (2015). Generating brand awareness in Online Social Networks. Computers in Human Behavior. Published.
- Strategic intuition
- Knowledge management
- Cross-cultural management
- Structural education modeling
- Economic valuation models
- Investments in the hospitality and tourism industry
Awards and honors
- Outstanding Paper Award, Emerald Literati Awards of the Journal of Tourism Review at Emerald Publishing, 2018
- Faculty Research Fellowship, Missouri State University Graduate College, 2018
- CNAS Excellence in Research Faculty Award, College of Natural and Applied Sciences, 2017
- Best Research Paper Award Winner in the Association of Hospitality Financial Management Educators (AHFME), New York, 2014