The College of Natural and Applied Sciences at Missouri State University offers students many opportunities to get involved with the community, their peers and hands-on research while they earn an unbeatable education. Most of the opportunities are made available at the department level.
Our faculty is committed to helping you develop a degree plan to reach your educational and career goals, while our student organizations, study away trips and research resources provide you with firsthand experiences and professional development opportunities. We recommend you take advantage of these as a student; you will enrich your mind and body of work.
Helping you succeed in the sciences
Here are several programs and ways to help you in your studies and coursework.
- Bear CLAW
- Study Groups
- Living-Learning Community (LLC)
- Student Organizations
- Undergraduate Research Day
See details below to choose the program(s) that are right for you. Contact your department, advisor or instructor for more information.
The Fall 2016 CNAS Student Expo was a success
The student organizations below promoted their clubs, recruited new members, collaborated and exchanged ideas, and networked for career opportunities in the different disciplines across the college. This fun event included music, food and beverages, and more. If you missed the Expo, contact the student organization for information about joining. Click for a look at more pictures and check back next August for information on the Fall 2017 CNAS Student Expo.
- American Chemical Society
- American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society
- Gamma Theta Upsilon / Geography Club
- Geological Society
- Hospitality Leaders of Tomorrow
- Institution for Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Kappa Mu Epsilon, Mathematics Honor Society
- Missouri Association of Planning Students (MAPS)
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Natural History Collection Curation Club
- Ozark Amateur Astronomers
- Pre-Optometry Society
- Pre-Pharmacy Society
- Society of Physics Students
- Student Math Teacher Organization of Southwest Missouri
- Students for a Sustainable Future
- Wildlife Society
- Women in STEM
For more information, contact Dr. Jorge Rebaza, CNAS Associate Dean, at email@example.com.