The Missouri Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation, also known as MoLSAMP, is aimed at increasing the quality and quantity of students successfully completing science, technology, engineering, and mathematics baccalaureate degree programs.
In addition, increasing the number of students interested in, academically qualified for and matriculating into programs of graduate study. Particular emphasis is placed on transforming undergraduate STEM education through innovative, evidence-based recruitment and retention strategies, and relevant educational experiences in support of racial and ethnic groups historically underrepresented in STEM disciplines.
- Guided undergraduate research with paid stipend
- Faculty and peer mentoring for STEM majors
- Opportunities to travel and present research at research conferences
- Summer research programs
- Personal and field related academic advising
- Peer and professional tutoring
- STEM workshops and presentations by STEM professionals
- Opportunities to serve as tutors or teaching assistants
- Assistance with graduate school admissions
- Internship opportunities for STEM majors
- Networking opportunities with STEM professionals