Professional Science Master's
Why select the professional science master’s at Missouri State?
- You will combine advanced science training with business curriculum – building a strong foundation for a career in the science and tech industry.
- You’ll gain valuable networking opportunities and on-the-job training from the program’s internship component.
- Our advisory board consists of regional and local leaders who understand the evolving needs of the business world.
- You will join a unique program, one of only two professional science master’s in the state of Missouri.
- PSM graduates often find immediate employment with starting mean wages ranging from $50k to $70k.
Sample 2-year Degree Plans
Testimonials from current students and a recent graduate of PSM
A recent graduate of the Professional Science Master's, Greg Illy found his passion in chemistry at CNAS. He started as a pre-med student, but realized his aptitude for research in a crime lab. Illy stated, "I was given the freedom to work on an enormous project which will be used across the state for years to come."
Let us help you make your MISSOURI STATEment, too! Contact Dr. Kyoungtae Kim for more information.
Make professional contributions in a science based field
You will select a primary emphasis area of study and complete courses in that emphasis area while you also complete basic MBA courses. The PSM designation prepares students who have science backgrounds with the basic business foundation to become leaders in science and technology based industries.
The career you want, the skills you need
This program is interdisciplinary and allows you to combine two or more areas of interest in order to create the curriculum that meets your needs and sets you up for success in the job market. The required internship component helps build on-the-job skills, which are attractive to potential employers. Employers particularly value our graduates for their skills in the following areas:
Basic business skills
Legal and regulatory issues