The College of Natural and Applied Sciences at Missouri State University offers students many opportunities to get involved with the community, their peers and hands-on research while they earn an unbeatable education. Most of the opportunities are made available at the department level.
Our faculty is committed to helping you develop a degree plan to reach your educational and career goals, while our student organizations, study away trips and research resources provide you with firsthand experiences and professional development opportunities. We recommend you take advantage of these as a student; you will enrich your mind and body of work.
Helping you succeed in the sciences
Here are several programs and ways to help you in your studies and coursework.
- Bear CLAW
- MO Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
- Study Groups
- Living-Learning Community (LLC)
- Student Organizations
- Undergraduate Research Day
See details below to choose the program(s) that are right for you. Contact your department, advisor or instructor for more information.
Need to take more than 18 credit hours in a semester? Complete this form.
Join a CNAS Student Organization!
The 2019 CNAS Student Expo is Wednesday, August 28 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at Bear Head Plaza (east side of fountain). There are almost two dozen student organizations linked to CNAS or a national group. Being part of a club can help you be successful in your college career, so join one or start your own. Print and share the flyer!
Rain location: PSU Ballroom East, 3rd floor - same day, same time
The CNAS Student Expo is held at the beginning of the fall semester. Last year, the student organizations below promoted their clubs, recruited new members, collaborated and exchanged ideas, and networked for career opportunities in the different disciplines across the college. This fun event included music, food and beverages, and more. If you miss the Expo, contact the student organization directly for information about joining.
- American Chemical Society
- Association of Computing Machinery
- Beta Beta Beta (TriBeta) Biological Honors Society
- Fishery Society
- Gamma Theta Upsilon / Geography Club
- Geological Society / American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- Hospitality Leaders of Tomorrow
- Kappa Mu Epsilon Mathematics Honor Society
- Pre-Vet Club
- Society of Physics Students
- Society of Science Educators
- Student Math Teacher Organization of Southwest Missouri
- Students for a Sustainable Future
- Wildlife Society
- Women in STEM